We are always looking for artists to work with Hague Publishing, so if you are interested please email us at:
Our artist's agreements run along the following lines:
- We pay somewhere between $150 and $400 (depending on the complexity of the design and the experience of the illustrator)
for the exclusive rights to use the artwork as cover art on Hague Publishing's books, both printed and ebook.
- The purchased rights include the non-exclusive right for Hague Publishing to use the artwork in any marketing we chose to undertake for the book.
- All rights to the original artwork remain with the artist, including but not limited to all poster, print and other display use rights.
- The artist will be provided with one free copy of the finished e-book upon request.
- The artist will be credited on the inside cover.
- If the artist wishes we will offer the author the right to purchase the original artwork used in their work from the artist.
- The artwork needs to 'work' at a number of sizes (including standard trade paperback and as a thumbnail), and to be recognisable in both colour, and black and white.
More importantly the finished artwork needs to be provided as a 360 DPI (TIFF or high resolution JPEG) at a size of 2211x2920 pixels (156mm x206mm) with all the main elements contained within an area of 1843x2835 pixels (130mm x 200mm). If you want to know why see blog.haguepublishing.com.